Tijoco Alto - Tenerife
Tijoco Alto - or Tjioco Arriba - is located in the south west of Tenerife and is a part of the community Adeje. The town towers above the south coast, westerly of Vilaflor.
It is the smaller part of Tijoco and in contrast to Tijoco Bajo there is only one bar here and no shopping facilities.
A serpentine road winds up the mountains all around the Teide Nationalpark and peters out.
Precisely because of that the place Tijoco Alto is the perfect starting point for a hike in the Teide Nationalpark.
The little, original mountain village is surrounded by gorges (Barrancos), like for example the Barranco de las Moradas.
To the Costa Adeje you only need 20 minutes with the rental car from your accomodation.
For passionate golfers at close quaters there is the golf course Golf Costa Adeje, which was designed by a Spanish architect. There is an 18 - hole court and a 9 - hole court, fenced by a 5.000 metres long stone wall.
To the southern airport from Tijoco Alto it is about half an hour of driving.
- Airport Tenerife (TFN) ca. 95 km
- Airport Tenerife South (TFS) ca. 32 km
- Buenavista del Norte ca. 47 km
- Candelaria ca. 73 km
- El Médano ca. 37 km
- El Sauzal ca. 105 km
- Garachico ca. 45 km
- Granadilla ca. 40 km
- Icod de los Vinos ca. 44 km
- La Laguna ca. 94 km
- La Orotava ca. 118 km
- Las Cañadas del Teide ca. 54 km
- Los Cristianos ca. 19 km
- Los Gigantes ca. 23 km
- Masca ca. 29 km
- Parque Nacional Teide ca. 58 km
- Puerto de la Cruz ca. 119 km
- Punta del Hidalgo ca. 109 km
- Santa Cruz de Tenerife ca. 90 km
- Santiago del Teide ca. 24 km
- Vilaflor ca. 34 km