Araya - Tenerife
Araya is a small part of the community Candelaria in the east of the island Tenerife. The district is located at the upper end of the community at a height of medially 800 metres.
The area is surrounded by one more nature reserve with many protected fields and is located at te foot of the Ladera de Chafa, a mountain chain.
In Araya there is a playground, a pharmacy, a cultural centre and the church San Juan Bautista, as well as the chapel San Isidro, located in the recreation area Los Brezos.
People celebrate the feast of San Isidro Labrador and Santa María de la Cabeza at the last sunday in may with traditional processions in Los Brezos.
Tip: From Araya it is possible to participate in hiking tours. The hinterland of Candelaria is a relatively unknown hiking area and therefore not overcrowded. although there is everything, that a wanderer needs : great views, romantic pine forests and attractive cultural landscapes.
- Airport Tenerife (TFN) ca. 26 km
- Airport Tenerife South (TFS) ca. 47 km
- Buenavista del Norte ca. 84 km
- Candelaria ca. 4 km
- El Médano ca. 46 km
- El Sauzal ca. 36 km
- Garachico ca. 74 km
- Granadilla ca. 50 km
- Icod de los Vinos ca. 70 km
- La Laguna ca. 25 km
- La Orotava ca. 48 km
- Las Cañadas del Teide ca. 59 km
- Los Cristianos ca. 62 km
- Los Gigantes ca. 88 km
- Masca ca. 97 km
- Parque Nacional Teide ca. 47 km
- Puerto de la Cruz ca. 49 km
- Punta del Hidalgo ca. 39 km
- Santa Cruz de Tenerife ca. 20 km
- Santiago del Teide ca. 92 km
- Vilaflor ca. 67 km